Keeping up with PPC trends can seem like a daunting task because they are always changing. When you are looking to maximize your return on investment for every marketing dollar spent, PPC mistakes can be costly. Here are some common ones that you should avoid.
1. With PPC campaigns, you cannot simply set it and forget it. This means that you need to make use of analytics in finding ways to adjust campaigns that may not be working as effectively as you had hoped. Do not be afraid to make adjustments along the way. Working with an experienced online marketing agency means that you can be certain that the appropriate adjustments are being made the entire time that your PPC ads are running. This gives you peace of mind and lets you focus on other aspects of your business.
2. PPC campaigns can be more intricate than you might expect. If you are running a business and have some general knowledge about online advertising, it can be tempting to take on the task yourself to save costs. This is a dangerous strategy because you may be spread to thin to really be able to adjust to PPC trends.
3. Pick the right keyword match for your business. There are plenty of good reasons to only use exact keyword matches. This can also help narrow your audience. You should also take time to think about which keywords you would like excluded from your PPC campaign.
4. Do not forget about your landing page. Even if your PPC ad is amazing, it will fall flat the viewer stumbles along a terrible website experience. If you are investing money in PPC ads, then you should make sure that it is worthwhile when your potent is customer finds your website.
5. Your PPC ad content is not relevant or engaging, which prevents customers from having any interest in clicking your ad. Even though you only have a small space to fit in your ad content, it should be as dynamic and memorable as possible. Do not clutter the space with unnecessary material.
6. Make use of all the available tracking metrics. The amount of information you receive from PPC ad metrics can be overwhelming at first. It is important that you take as much time as possible to truly understand the impact of your particular PPC ad in real time. You will find out which times of day and which types of customers are driving the most traffic to your site. This can aid in your overall marketing strategy. Through analytics for PPC ads, you can get some insight into the impact your website is having on potential customers that you may not otherwise have access to.